Monday, May 16, 2011

Art on John Baldessari

Chereen Whit tick
English 101
Research paper on “John Baldesarri”
Profile
To me Art has always been less of a significance. However, I am currently writing a English paper on art, so I have to research many different artist and their works. To be frank, I surprise myself as I become very fascinated by one particular artist and his work. His name is John Baldesarri. One special piece of his work that really captivate me is the painting of a man sitting down ,eating an apple while there is a woman standing behind him. Suddenly my emotions begin to run wild as I can see that even through painting every man certainly need a woman behind him.
Here I really acknowledge to myself that there is true meaning to art which can be very interesting.
Baldessari, the man who give me a different insight in regards to art was born in California in the year 1931. His mother was Danish and his father Australian. In 1950s Baldessari received his BA and MA degrees from San Diego State College, he further went on to study at Berkeley Los Angles campus of the university of California, at the Otis and Chouinard Art Institute. In 1959 he taught as an art teacher at a public school in San Diego and later a professor of art at UCLA.(Wall Street Journal)
As a conceptual artist one could acknowledge his work easily. Baldessari became famous to the art world in the late 1960s by his early phototext canvases. (Chicago Journal) His works also include sequential-image projects, story telling videos, repetitive-action, composites using film stills, parables formulated as artist books deconstruction based allegories ,eccentrically shaped multipartite conglomerates, layered compositions with painted-out figurations and overlapping and intersecting creations,
Many see Baldessari as an accomplished artist who became a genius and still is. However, others say he made a career out of upsetting priorities and defying expectations.( The New Yorker)
I n an interview at one of his crusade Baldessari said “I was getting tired of people saying my art was like Abstract Expressionism” .(The New Yorker) Being in the National City of California he thought people would care less. But is it right for people to tell one how to do their work of art? Never the less, Baldessari chose to give his version of conceptual art.
After all is said and done, I really find his work to be interesting. As I said before I am emotionally touch by the way he portrait the picture of the man eating an apple with his woman standing over him. I also find hi art fascinated because in some of his art he paint out parts faces which reminds me of watching a scary movie.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment